Thursday 19 January 2012

AND SO IT IS - A TRYER BEFORE YOU BUYER BLOG

I have a blog, this is my blog, I am agog with blog.

And I know what you're thinking, blogs are a bit shite. Which is true, but I promise this riff-splaff will never be the anxst-ridden sob-ride or 2000 word extrapolation on fortune cookies that many seem to be. Rather this is to be an informative page of reviews. Reviews of anything at all. Imagine there is a restaurant you have always wanted to try, yet are still uncertain whether you want to splurdge £50 of you hard-earned monies without knowing for damned-near-certain that it's good. This is because you can't believe critics, they have an agenda. And you can ask me exactly what to try on the menu. I am spending money so you don't have to. Or some other vacuous sales-team nonsense.

You can then apply this formula to anything. Almost anything. I will only review things up to £50 and it must be within reason. I am not going to try frotting a red panda at the behest of some grubbly little filth-wizard. But I'll do suchlike as clothes, shops, recipes, bars, art, spa bollocks, cosmetics trash, adventure weekends, sports, sexual techniques, exceterah exceterah. And in all honesty. I can even do books, but I do books for a living, so if you send me your book and it is rubbish you have been warned.

I have written for food magazine Posh Nosh, the clothes horse that is Sunday Time Style, plus various online magazines, edited and submitted for the rumpypump madness of The Erotic Review and am now Assistant Editor at a global publishing house. I will only post if I have something to say, all I need from you lot is a challenge. Because if I have to sit here at my formica pod, discussing fonts and slowly growing a back-hump for another 3 years, without any kind of intrigue...  Well, I'm going to go postal.

So, anything you want me to try before you buy?

7 comments:

Carey Leotard said...

Could you try out Dans le Noir, the restaurant in the dark for me? I’m intrigued by the concept but rather reticent to book should I end up on an awkward dinner date, eating mush and surrounded by tourists.

Is it just a gimmick or worth a shot and who should one invite along?

C.Leotard

Fln said...

Nice one, do I dare hold you to your word enough to have you smoking out of a pen for a few weeks?..

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1090_1091&products_id=7908

At least you'd have the choice between automatic and manual..

idreamofjeanie said...

Dans le Noir it is, to be honest it looks a bit silly and I'm really going to have to stop myself from tripping unsuspecting diners, but surely that's part of the fun.

idreamofjeanie said...

Fin, you sadistic little plonk-cake, I'm not really a smoker, more like one of those scabbers that will happily chuff my way through your stash (just so long as you don't smoke rollies or Marlborough lights) and so I fear this may be dangerous to my health, but I do have an in to something similar and will trial those when they come on the market. Promise.

1208evie said...

As a former writer for Posh Nosh and dedicated carnivore I can think of no one better to test Fakon, that be vegetarian bacon. Are you game?

I suspect you are a novice in this area so Quorn make one that is sold at your Sainsbury's: http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1327488748997

But word is this stuff is the tastiest (read full of flavouring):
http://www.morningstarfarms.com/morningstar-farms-veggie-bacon-strips.html

I can't seem to find it in the U.K though one blogger says they picked it up at Holland & Barrett and there has been a sighting in Peckham Iceland.

Eve Dawoud

idreamofjeanie said...

JaysusChrist on a mongoose. Okay. But I can't promise to be the objective reviewer I should be, because meat made out of fungus is creepy.

carnival queen said...

I will spare you the really awful challenge I have up my sleeve for a rainy day and instead ask you to enjoy a warm brew of Kim Genuine Bird's Nest Beverage. The birds from the cave-dwelling members of the swift family, known as swiftlets, excrete saliva that hardens to form edible nests. Yummmmmy! Also apparently with a number of health benefits??! Not sure where you can find in London Town so first challenge is to find it. xxx